Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Disaster Begins


Volunteers helping us with the installation of "Now That I'm By Myself..."

A Disaster Begins
We had our premiere performance of the 09-10 season this weekend! The piece, A Disaster Begins, dealt w/ a turn of the century writer's reaction to the hurricane that destroyed Galveston TX in 1900. The one-act/one woman play is rich in subtext, which addresses the upheaval in her personal life among other topics. Veanne Cox's acting was fantastic as she took the audience through this comical tragedy.

I am so glad we haven't had any hurricanes this season!!

We have lots coming up in the next few weeks and I'm recovering from my own disaster (stupid broken arm!!), so I'm going to need your help! This week I need painters to prep. The theatre for our next performance is Heaven, which runs Oct. 16 and 17th. And, Starting on Oct. 27th we begin the strike of "Now that I'm By Myself…"in the main gallery to make way for our next show, Third Ward is My Harlem, by Tierney Malone. So if you are available anytime in late Oct. to early Nov. let me know!

Contact Jon at: jread@diverseworks.org
Or call 713-223-8346

No comments: