Friday, December 19, 2008

The Office Party, DW-style

I have a confession: I’m usually not a big fan of office holiday parties. Don’t get me wrong, they’re great and everything, but they always seem awkward. Like the one party I attended while working at Mervyn’s that was held at this odd little reception hall. It was OK, but I didn’t stay too long because I had a final exam the next day. Oh, who I’m I kidding, I stayed until midnight, and my manager wasn’t too happy because she let me out of work early to go home and study, not party. And I avoided them at the Chronicle because they were always held when I was working, and it’s kinda hard to work and party. But I digress.

So imagine my surprise when I found myself having a blast at the DW office holiday party on Wednesday. We had all sorts of great food: tamales, cappuccino cheesecake, an awesome meat and cheese lasagna created by yours truly, and drinks. We watched Diane’s favorite holiday movie, Polar Express. It was awesome. But the best part was the Bow Hunt.

It’s kinda like an Easter egg hunt but with bows hidden all around the DW facility. (Bet you can’t do that in your office) I scoped out a couple as I walked into the facility, trying to get an edge on the competition. And I was determined to win, but sad to say I was no match for Sixto. He is obviously a Bow Hunt Champion…but there is always next year.

--Tracey

No comments: