Friday, December 5, 2008

Hello Again!

It is I julia the intern, blogging from DiverseWorks once again.

Well I everyone at Diverseworks had a lovely little vacation for Thanksgiving (except mine was full of preparation for finals!)

And we returned to find millions of idea fund applications pouring in our mailbox. The envelopes were all sorts of interesting shapes and sized. How exciting! I can't wait to see who gets the funds. I am sure its going to be some interesting stuff.

The thrive opening was huge and amazing.

Elia Arce was inside this big cacoon for almost the entire time, there was constantly this huge crowd waiting for her to pop out, but she just stayed in their meditating. i loved it.

And seeing Rachel Hecker feed her water through the small air hole was pretty great too.

And of course it was cool to see Kelli Vance show some of her paintings, since she was recently going to school at University of Houston and thats where I go to school! go UH painting department, yeah!

And everyone else was amazing too... It really is interesting to see this group of Houston women artists, If you fall in that category you must see this show, and you should read Mary Ross Taylor's writings about it.

Lets see, in other news I am excited to get to go to the Thrive REMIX, on the ninth. It sounds really tasty.

And I get to help with a DiverseWorks artist workshop Saturday morning. The one that all of those artists had to apply to be a part of? I am pretty happy about that. Have I said how awesome it is to be an intern at DiverseWorks and that all art school students who like good art should do it?? Because yeah. its great.

Alright, thats all we have for today, check us out later for more REAL DIRT from the bowels of Houston's own, DiverseWorks!

P.s. just to remind you guys of what I said last post....

I NEED YOUR EVENING SHOES AND BOOKS!!!
We are going to need 4,000 books and huge pile of high heels!
So clean out those closets and make room for some sexy NEW shoes.
get rid of all those pesky books, its all about the internet now anyways.

anyone? anyone?

email me! julia@diverseworks.org

p.p.s. I know its a little off topic, but dont you just LOVE money??

No comments: