Friday, October 24, 2008

tales of a artspace operations manager: Part 1

Ok! We got lots of stuff coming up in my department.. Next weekend is the closing of Ben DeSoto's: Understanding Poverty... This show has had a fantasic run(dispite being delayed a week due to our old friend IKE) and gave DW a chance to work other great non-profits like S.E.A.R.C.H. Spacetaker and Health Care for the Homeless(who will be having a small receiption in the gallery on 10/28 4pm to 6pm.. all are welcome.)

Up next is THRIVE(opening on Nov. 14th).. The work is already starting to come in and Im pretty excited. Today I met w/ one of the artist, Elia Arce, to go over some details of really cool performance she'll be doing the night of the opening opening!! I dont want to give it away, but its different from anything I've worked on before( and trust me, that's saying something!!)

As always, there is way more work then we can handle(16 artist!!) so if you want the chance to help out(and get an insder point of view of how these shows are put together), please drop me a line: jread@diverseworks.org

Also remember, in the black box theater, we have Catastrophic performing: THE STRANGERER. Which I will be attending tomorrow(I hope). This runs through the 8th, so get you tickets ASAP

Stay tuned to THE REAL DIRT!!!

and don't forget to VOTE!!

No comments: